Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Eyes wide shut

It never fails. Take my wife, put her inside a car, start driving and five minutes later she is in the arms of Morpheus. I end up making the trip alone, bored as hell. I cannot understand how easily some people trust others to take them to their destination without exerting some sort of supervision over their driving skills. When I am not behind the wheel, I am constantly watching over whomever is driving, monitoring the speed gauge, checking road conditions, measuring distances between cars, never relinquishing control completely. Whenever I see my wife sound asleep, I begin to swerve crazily from one side of the road to the other, just to scare her into waking up, then tell her I just missed hitting an iguana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home