Monday, January 30, 2006

My enemy's enemy is my friend


I remember watching Cindy Sheehan on CNN when she camped outside President Bush's ranch in an anti-war protest, and actually feeling sorry for her. At the time I could not understand President Bush 's refusal to meet with the grieving mother. Last week Sheehan was visiting Caracas for the World Social Forum meeting, met with President Chavez and ended the meeting by branding President Bush a terrorist.
This is the kind of flawed logic that AntiBushites use to their own detriment:
I hate Bush AND Chavez hates Bush EQUALS I must love Chavez.
My enemy's enemy is my friend.
Never mind that Chavez is the least democratic head of state in Latin America nor that he has declared his intentions to remain in power until 2031.
I have my own logic to apply in this case:
Cindy Sheehan loves Chavez EQUALS Cindy Sheehan Zero credibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home