Friday, December 30, 2005

Karoshi

I have been working so much this week that I am beginning to understand the meaning of death-by-overwork. On the other hand the year is coming to an end, so using Dilbert's words, "It looks like I'll be exaggerating my accomplishments again this year."
Usually, I do not like Christmas. It is quite a stressfull time of the year for me. Family obligations, compulsive shopping, gift selections, overeating, overdrinking, overspending, are not some of my favorite ways to occupy my time, but I mostly dread having to conclude that this year has also been a wasted year, professionally speaking, for me. As I make plans to leave this banana dictatorship where I am stuck, I am reminded of John Lennon's immortal words : "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." Hopefully, by June of next year, I will be on my way to a "sunny" new home in Canada.
Today, I have been suffering from information overload. Among the many subjects I have been reading about, some are more prominent than the others:

  • Mezzanine Funding
  • Milan Kundera
  • Device-Agnostic
  • Irritable Male Syndrome
  • Game Theory
  • Prisoner's dilemma
  • Wordpress
  • Jimmy Wales
  • Richard Linklater
  • Boxing Day
  • Life Coaching
  • Festivus
  • Climatique
  • Scott Adams
  • Before Sunset
  • Before Sunrise
  • Julie Delpy
  • Aliyah
  • Yerida

This is not a decent way to spend the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home